Key Stage 5
Advanced Level AS and A2 qualifications
follow the Advancing Physics course (OCR specification B).
The course is a modern and forward thinking course, originally designed
by the Institute of Physics, and now owned by Oxford University Press.
Follow the links at the top of the page to find the relevant resources
for the course you are studying.
You may also wish to visit the
Advancing Physics website,
which provides additional resources, materials and reading.
AS Physics -
Physics course is studied in Year 12. It comprises two main modules - G491
G491 - Physics in Action
• Chapter 1 - Imaging (DP)
• Chapter 2 - Sensing (PHS)
• Chapter 3 - Signalling (DP)
• Chapter 4 - Materials (PHS)
G492 - Understanding Processes
• Chapter 6 - Wave Behaviour (DP)
• Chapter 7 - Quantum Behaviour (DP)
• Chapter 8 - Mapping Space and Time (PHS)
• Chapter 9 - Computing the Next Move (PHS)
A2 Physics - course overview
Physics course is studied in Year 13. It also comprises two main modules -
G494 and G495.
G494 - The Clockwork Universe
• Chapter 10 - Creating Models (PHS/DP)
• Chapter 11 - Out into Space (DP)
• Chapter 12 - Our Place in the Universe (DP)
• Chapter 13/14 - Matter in Extremes (PHS)
G495 - Field and Particle Pictures
• Chapter 15 - Electromagnetic Machines (PHS)
• Chapter 16 - Charge and Field (DP)
• Chapter 17 - Particle Physics (DP)
• Chapter 18 - Ionising Radiation & Risk (PHS)
If you have any comments or
suggestions about the content on this site, please do not hesitate to
contact the site author (firstname.lastname@example.org).